Belgium Booms @ Jazz Brugge 2023
Hot off the press! Belgium Booms (VI.BE & Wallonie-Bruxelles Musiques) and JazzLab are organising a brand new, extensive international visitors programme at Jazz Brugge 2023! The well-known formula of the Belgian Jazz meeting will get an update.
So what will change?
The Belgian Jazz Meeting used to take place every two years as a stand-alone event. Belgium Booms and JazzLab are giving the concept a new look: every year, an international visitors programme will break into an existing, renowned jazz event. To this end, pros from the broad international jazz scene continue to be invited to explore our local scene, facilitating international networking. A minimum of four Belgian bands will be given a full place at the festival and, together with the organisers, select a limited, carefully chosen group of international pros to attend their concert.
First stop of this brand new annual concept: Jazz Brugge! There are a few spots on the line-up, especially reserved for this visitor programme.
Are you ready to broaden your horizons? Then register now for the open call and who knows, maybe you will be one of the 4 artists chosen by an international group of experts. The selected projects will not only get a spot in the official Jazz Brugge programme, but also promotional support from Belgium Booms and JazzLab and lots of networking opportunities. Moreover, you will not only play for your enthusiastic fans, but also for a host of international jazz pros (whom you can suggest yourself). The perfect moment to put yourself in the international spotlight.
Try your luck at the open call
Artists can apply to be part of the Belgium Booms programme at Jazz Brugge, which takes place from 17 to 19 November 2023 in Concertgebouw Brugge.
Who can apply?
This call is for professional jazz musicians or groups with a current project that deserves a place on international stages.
Those wishing to nominate an artist, group or project should first check the following criteria:
- The artist(s) must be available 17, 18 and 19 November 2023.
- The artist(s) is/are willing to play a concert (40 minutes) for a fee of €300 per musician, guaranteed up to quintet line-ups.
- The submitted jazz project has the ambition to continue in the proposed line-up in the coming years and build an international career.
- The submitted jazz project has the necessary professionalism, through management, other entourage or its own experience, to tour internationally and already has a substantiated idea of which countries or regions it wants to focus on.
- The submitted jazz project has at least one EP or album out (or plans to do so in the near future and can demonstrate this).
- Bands that have performed at the previous Belgian Jazz Meeting (CC Le Delta in Namur, 2022) cannot apply for this edition.
Sunday evening, 2 April 2023 (midnight). You can find the registration form below. Good luck!
Belgium Booms and JazzLab will collect all applications. Together with an international committee of jazz professionals with in-depth knowledge of the national and international jazz scene, the festival programmer selects the artists. Inclusion and diversity in gender, ethnicity, age, ... are important parameters in the selection and evaluation process.